<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
WoC, me in the Fantasy forum! :D
Moderators: Admin, spikydavid, spikyjames, nevercrashed, babychaos, Nostromo
Author Post
spikyjames
Mon May 06 2013, 08:51AM
Lord of Fenris
Registered Member #5
Ok, so I'm going to have another crack at fantasy, I've managed to get myself a pretty decent sized WoC army but I just really don't know what I'm doing, I've set myself the task of learning to play the game over the next couple of months so I'm really just looking for a bit of advice on list building, nothing too technical to start and there's a coupl of things I want to have in the army.

I've written a starter list, I want the list to be Khorne based and really want to include a Warshrine, here goes;

Chaos Lord
Great Weapon, mark of Khorne, Juggernaught, Shield(can he has this with a Great Weapon?)

Sorcerer
Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeench, Warshrine

Sorcerer
Lvl 1, Mark of Tzeench

20 Chaos Warriors
Mark or Khorne, hand weapons, shields, full command

16 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Khorne, hand weapons, shields, full command

20 Marauders

20 Maurauders
Mark of Tzeench, great weapons, full command

5 Marauder Horsemen
Flails(they probably need a mark?)

5 Chaos Knights

3 Skullcrushers
Lances.

It sits a little above what is the tournament norm of 2400 but I'd also like to have a crack at ToS as well and I believe that's 2000.

Hints tips and pointers are more than welcome.

Thanks

James
spikyandy
Mon May 06 2013, 09:30AM
spikyandy

Registered Member #4
Drop the Marauders, replace them with chariots.

Don't put a character on a warshrine, it's just asking to be cannon'd off. Stick him on a disc of Tzeentch perhaps for a more manoeuvrable character.

The lord can take a great weapon and shield, however, he cannot use the shield in combat with the great weapon, it will only help him against shooting and magic.

Mark of Nurgle, -1 to hit in combat is very good.
spikyjames
Mon May 06 2013, 12:20PM
Lord of Fenris
Registered Member #5
Cool, thanks Andy.

If I'm getting rid if the Marauders should I maybe bulk up the warrior units? Or at least add a few more to the smaller one?
spikyandy
Mon May 06 2013, 01:11PM
spikyandy

Registered Member #4
18, 20 is a good number for the warrior units. Some chaos hounds as cheap drops and chaff would be good.
Dean
Mon May 06 2013, 03:04PM
Registered Member #138
A BSB (battle standard bearer) hero is also pretty good for re-rolls on all leadership tests

The warriors book is strong, play what you like and it will probably work just fine

Dean
robthewise
Mon May 13 2013, 10:36PM
Registered Member #246
Never been a fan of Hand weapon / shields on Khorne warriors. Frenzied units lose their parry saves. I would give at least one of those units Halberds.

You have loads of frenzy and no BSB. You will be failing tests and making silly charges all over the place.

Also your General can be snipped by cannons on his Juga, even if he rides with the Skull Crushers, you won't get Look Out Sir because the unit has less than 5 non character models.

[ Edited Mon May 13 2013, 10:36PM ]

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF