<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Tolworth First Founding WFB 1 day event
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Admin, spikydavid, spikyjames, nevercrashed, babychaos, Nostromo
Author Post
ghpoobah
Wed Jan 26 2011, 01:43PM
Registered Member #106
On the 12th of March Tolworth First Founding will be hosting the first (hopefully of many) Warhammer Fantasy Battle events, this will be a one day event, with a 1600 point limit set on armies.

As I despise comps in all forms we are trying a new approach to the "competitive" gaming field by not having one, our hope is that people will bring armies that will be as much fun to play against as they are to play with.

The only restrictions/bans we will be applying (at the request of many of the folks that have signed up) are;

No Power Scroll
No Book of Hoeth

We would ask that all army lists are submitted for review by the organisers at least a week before the event, and that all armies are painted to the "minimum three colours and based" standard that we all know and love.

Tickets are available now and will cost £15.00 per entrant, there will be prizes for Best General, Most Characterful Army, Best Painted and an additional special prize for the person who manages to come last just to prove that its not all about winning.

If you would like more information, please feel free to drop me an email and ask away.

I look forwards to hearing from you soon,
Heckler1
Wed Jan 26 2011, 01:55PM
Registered Member #15
For those of you who don't know this is Al, one of the founding members of Spiky Club... but don't let that put you off.
spikyandy
Wed Jan 26 2011, 04:17PM
spikyandy

Registered Member #4
Hmmm, sure I posted a reply to this that has now disappeared!!!

Anyway, there should be an email address provided to get in contact with Al.

[ Edited Wed Jan 26 2011, 09:33PM ]
ghpoobah
Wed Jan 26 2011, 09:31PM
Registered Member #106
Oops, all enquries to ghpoobah©gmail.com

Rules packs will be ready to be sent out by the weekend and there will be a couple of trade stands present including Heroes and Legends and Vengeance miniatures
Rathstar
Thu Feb 03 2011, 08:09AM
Registered Member #10
Al,

Could you put up a link to your club website ? I know your club normally does 2 40k tournaments a year, but I can't find any details for 2011.

Rob
ghpoobah
Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:15PM
Registered Member #106
Hi everyone,

Following on from some offline discussions and deleted comments (you know who you are and you should know better ) we have upped the points limit to 2000pts. Everything else remains the same and we now have a finalised rules pack that I will ask James if he can post as an attachment.

Failing that please feel free to contact me on ghpoobah©gmail.com and I will email it out to you individually.

We are limiting the places to 40 people, we will also have a retail stand there that is selling a selection of gaming accessories and GW Items at a discounted price.

Regarding the other Tolworth 1st Founding events I will get the dates this weekend and post them up, I will ask the guys if we can put them on the Events page as well.

Rathstar
Thu Feb 03 2011, 04:34PM
Registered Member #10
Thanks Al

Unfortunately my internet search fu is weak at the mo, and I can't find your club website, could you post a link. I could find the address, opening times etc, but not the club website itself

Roughly how long does it take to drive from Reading to the Tolworth club ?

Rob
Heckler1
Fri Feb 04 2011, 10:40AM
Registered Member #15
"Failing that please feel free to contact me on ghpoobah©gmail.com and I will email it out to you individually."

Lol is that before or after filling your hard drive with files?
ghpoobah
Tue Feb 08 2011, 01:16PM
Registered Member #106
Hi Rob,

sadly your Fu skills could be epic, Tolworth have been debating the best use of the internet to promote the club for a couple of years, I think that the mistake came when someone told Pete he could use the interweb to find pictures of naked ladies, and then EVERYTHING ground to a halt. I am looking into getting the situation resolved and should have something in place soon.

If you could PM me your email address I will send you the cut down rules pack that Marcus mentions in his post.

As an aside, who would have thought it would take so long to delete 6.25 Million files from someone's desktop, oops
Rookie
Tue Feb 08 2011, 08:28PM
Registered Member #96
hey - i'm interested in going - any ideas what its like to get public transport there and back? I have the ability of driving but lack a car ^^
edd_h
Wed Feb 09 2011, 09:28AM
Registered Member #31
Rookie,

Me and Andy are looking at going, trains are a bit crap (into central london and back out again) - reckon it'd to take just over 1.5 hours from Reading.

Gotta love the comp, bans the Book of Hoeth but allows Teclis!
spikyandy
Wed Feb 09 2011, 09:56AM
spikyandy

Registered Member #4
Al has effectively banned Teclis as well as I read over at the OG forum that anyone submitting a list with Teclis will have it rejected.
ghpoobah
Wed Feb 09 2011, 01:53PM
Registered Member #106
Hi Guys,

The trip from Reading to Tolworth is horrific hence the reason I don't make it down to Spikyclub as often as I would like too.

If you are training it, you would probably be best off doing Reading to Waterloo and then head over to Chessington South train station, assuming people arrive ahead of the scheduled start (and there aren't huge numbers) I can come out and get them in my car, or they can hop on the 418 bus which runs every 15 to 20 minutes.

As Andy has pointed out (thanks Andy) we are asking people not to bring anything broken list wise and nothing that gives you total power, people trying to sneak Teclis in will be asked not too.

I would also like to 'fess upto blatantly stealing Andy's rules pack, it seemed silly to re-write pages of text when there was a perfectly servicable document out there doing the rounds that met most of my criteria.

Andy, if you are coming I will make sure that you can have an extra donut to get you started in the morning and assuming you don't submit the list from hell I may even comp you as a guest of Tolworth First founding (so you get to play for free).

We have now had 32 enquiries and recieved payment from 9 people, apparently there are more cheques in the post so watch this space, we will be operating on a strictly first come first served basis so please book early to avoid dissapointment.

Deadline for payment and for army lists is Friday the 4th of March, if we don't recieve both by then we may offer your place to someone else so please act quickly.

Obviously, any questions feel free to PM me
Rookie
Wed Feb 09 2011, 05:00PM
Registered Member #96
if you fielded telcis would automatically put you in the list of deushey players and be forced to play other deushes

[ Edited Wed Feb 09 2011, 05:56PM ]
spikyandy
Wed Feb 09 2011, 06:26PM
spikyandy

Registered Member #4
As a poor student a free ticket would be AWESOME!
ghpoobah
Wed Feb 09 2011, 07:48PM
Registered Member #106
spikyandy wrote ...

As a poor student a free ticket would be AWESOME!

Lol, well if your willing to make the 2 hour trek to get here I suppose I could give you a freebie, you may have to review some armies however ya spongeing student git
ghpoobah
Wed Feb 09 2011, 07:50PM
Registered Member #106
Rookie wrote ...

if you fielded telcis would automatically put you in the list of deushey players and be forced to play other deushes

Dude, have you got a bug in the tolworth club? We are planning on having a corner of shame, where people who "don't get it" get to play against the other people that "don't get it", I figure playing three games against cheesy hobby rapists might encourage them to "play nice"

As always I welcome thoughts and feedback (but prefer it if its positive)
Rookie
Wed Feb 09 2011, 10:10PM
Registered Member #96
ghpoobah wrote ...

Rookie wrote ...

Dude, have you got a bug in the tolworth club? We are planning on having a corner of shame, where people who "don't get it" get to play against the other people that "don't get it", I figure playing three games against cheesy hobby rapists might encourage them to "play nice"
As always I welcome thoughts and feedback (but prefer it if its positive)

My comment was replying to eds comment about teclis being ok but book of hoeth being banned. I meant if someone did bring him they would be shamed!

I meant exactly what you meant! it was my understanding of the rule pack that if you brought ahardcore list you would have to play other hardcore lists. I love the idea of shaming overpowered evil lists! I love having soft lists. Sorry must be miscommunication. I didnt think i said anything bad about tolworth or this torney!

[ Edited Wed Feb 09 2011, 10:20PM ]
khaosgoblin
Mon Feb 28 2011, 03:03PM
Registered Member #74
How are the entrants going for this, any chance of seeing a list

Mark
Rookie
Mon Feb 28 2011, 06:32PM
Registered Member #96
this has reminded me - edd/andy you still planning on going to this?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF