Spiky Club :: Forums :: Gaming :: Flames of War

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Potential newbie
Moderators: Admin, spikydavid, spikyjames, nevercrashed, babychaos, Nostromo
Author Post
TallIan
Sun Dec 26 2010, 05:59PM
Registered Member #37
I was chatting with Mike and someone else last Thursday about this system and I am now very interested in getting started.

I bought the core rulebook a few days ago and I was wondering what time period was the most common for casual games or tourneys? Which time period would make it easiest to get a game?

I would most likely go for a British infantry company, with lots of artillery support or an airborne company.

Also would anyone care to lend me a force to have a trial game at some point early in the new year. I can't do the first Thursday back but after that I am free.

Tall

[ Edited Sun Dec 26 2010, 06:01PM ]
Scotty
Tue Jan 04 2011, 01:07PM
Registered Member #47
Either Mid or late war periods are fairly interchangeable and most people down the club can accommodate easil enough.
I can lend you some Germans for the 13th if you wish but come and see me on Thursday and we will see whose down with what then, maybe we can find you an allied army to play with instead?

See you Thursday.

Andy Scott
TallIan
Tue Jan 04 2011, 03:45PM
Registered Member #37
Thanks,

Since I posted this I have bought the Africa book and another late war one (can't remember off hand) as well as the british infantry company box to start painting. I wrote a list based off the infantry I have and it seems fairly similar points values for late and mid war.

I will come see you on the 8th, to sort something out and if you don't mind, have a look at the list that I am working towards.

Tall
Scotty
Wed Jan 05 2011, 08:43AM
Registered Member #47
No probs, like you I'll be playing Bloodbowl but come and see me any time

Andy

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF